Thursday, May 13, 2010

the best of: little surprises

I texted Mike today and told him that I wanted to take a nap. (It's such a dreary day, who doesn't, right??!)  I also mentioned how the day was just dragging on, and all I wanted to do was come home. I never got a reply, so I guessed he was busy at work. I didn't talk to him on my way home like we usually do, so I still thought he was busy working.
I walked in the door when I got home (and after being ambushed by a hyper, barking, super-excited dog) Mike hugged me and took everything from my hands and took my jacket off for me and grabbed my hand and told me that I had to hurry. "Hurry for what!?" I asked. He stopped me outside the laundry room door and grabbed some of my clothes from the dryer. Now, let me step back some-- when I get home at night, I'm pretty much beat, so I throw on a t-shirt, a sweatshirt when it's cold, and some yoga-type pants. The last thing I think about when I get home is impressing someone with my clothing. All I want to be is comfortable! So, Mike put my favorite clothes in the dryer and turned it on to warm them! Ahhhhhhh! He still manages to surprise me! :) He also made supper, which always tastes better when someone else makes it. Oh-- I didn't mention that he also bought me flowers. That deserves another :)!

1 comment: