There’s not a new boat in my future anymore- at least not when we planned.
Waiting for me in the mail tonight when I got home was about $1,100 in clinic/hospital bills. And, I'm sure that’s just the start. My heart sank, my jaw dropped, and I now feel totally defeated. What the heck is the point of insurance when they only pay a couple hundred dollars of these bills?
Let me start from the beginning, and I’m going to be very brief for the sake of time. I’ve had headaches a few times a week for the past eight months or so. I can’t concentrate, am usually tired, have trouble remembering things and just don’t feel like myself. I finally had to go to the clinic one day a couple of weeks ago because I was so dizzy and nauseated because of a headache that I didn’t want to move or do anything. I was at work and functioning, but my mind wasn’t focusing and no medications would work. I hated my drive and hating the movement. This lasted for two days before I finally gave in and went to urgent care. What a waste of time that ended up being!
I was questioned up and down, poked and prodded, and came out of there with nothing—not even general advice to take Advil. Nothing! I was soooo annoyed. The doctor I saw said it’s some kind of anomaly. Really?! You couldn’t have dug a little deeper to figure something out. I had blood tests done, but I had breakfast two hours before that, so I think the results are scewed. The doctor told me the results were all normal, and I waited three weeks to get the numbers and exactly what tests they took in the mail—but it never happened. I just called the other day to talk to a nurse and she gave me my results and the normal ranges for the tests. The only blood test that was out of the normal range was my glucose, which was "slightly elevated." What does that mean??? Am I supposed to come in for another test? What should I be doing/not doing? No one has told me anything. I also had a CT scan done on my head—good news, no brain tumor! Bad news—no answers.
So, now I’ve got at least $1,100 in medical bills to pay. OMG! Now I’m really going to have anxiety. We planned to buy a new truck and boat this summer, but now I first have to pay off a doctor visit that didn't give me any answers. Now I will be taking the advice of pretty much everyone I’ve talked with and finding a new doctor! And, maybe even have my insurance checked over.
No comments:
Post a Comment