Tomorrow I'm taking a conceal and carry class-- yep, you ready right-- I'm taking a class to be certified to carry a handgun on my body in public. Except that I have no desire to do this, and would probably shoot my leg off if I ever tried. I'm taking the class with Mike and my brother-in-law to learn about proper handling and shooting of a handgun. I'll never take a handgun class by myself, so I'm hanging being the tag-along tomorrow. I'm supposed to be at a baby shower for Mike's cousin's wife, so I feel bad for not going to celebrate the upcoming birth of a sweet, innocent little girl because I'm learning how to use a weapon that will kill something. So, I'm hoping that I find the class beneficial and interesting, as well as worth my time since I'm giving up a valuable Saturday. :( No sleeping in for me. It's the only day out of the week that I can usually sleep in, which I try taking advantage of, but only end up sleeping 'till about 7:30. But hey-- that's an extra two hours for me!
Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I spent Mother's Day weekend two years ago taking gun safety with my sister, but that only qualified me to hunt. We learned a lot about shotguns and rifles, but nothing about handguns. Kinda weird that it happened on Mother's Day weekend both times. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to review the class in a future post. Until then-- Happy Mother's Day to all of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment