Monday, June 7, 2010

Backyard projects

I DO NOT recommend waiting two years to stain a new cedar fence-- do it right away! We finally bought stain and a sprayer to stain the fence, all $580 of stain, I will add.  That was a painful transaction! :(
I thought I'd just clean the thing off first cause it must be a little dirty, right?! WRONG-- it was A LOT dirty! Oh my gosh! I sprayed it with the pressure washer and it made a little difference, then we used some deck cleaner and sprayed that on and then used the pressure washer. The difference was night and day- it is amazing how different the fence looks even right now. It looks brand new! Boy, it it ever a pain in the butt to do the cleaning, though. We wanted to do a good job, so we sprayed the cleaner on, let it sit, and still scrubbed a little with a brush before spraying it with the pressure washer, but the result is well worth it. It's not stained yet because it rained off and on all weekend so we didn't dare try staining it. That's a project for a night this week, hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment