Friday, March 23, 2012

my new hobby: making wine

I'm such a bad blogger; I forgot the name of my blog, forgot how to login and then forgot the UN and PW. My bad.
I'm not even going to bother catching you up on life lately. It's literally been this during the week: drive, work, drive, sleep. Not kidding. Weekends are worse because I'm trying to pack everything in that I didn't get done during the week, so life is nonstop crazy.
BUT, I did  make time to make wine with Stark Wines late this (fake) winter. Stark Wines is a local winery in Stark, MN that opens this May. They had a soft opening late last fall, but their vinestead wasn't complete, so the officially grand opening is May 12.
First of all, I'm super excited that there's a winery so close to home, secondly, that my dad and brother had a hand in the site work, and thirdly, that they taught me how to make wine of my own!!!! LOVE
I took a class to learn how to make kit wines, which turns out to be pretty easy if you have any sort of common sense. Just takes a few dollars to buy the kit and the materials and you're good to go.
I chose to make a malbec, which is my new fav wine. I sampled some the day we bottled it and it wasn't all that bad; it'll be drier when it ages a few months, and that's my preference, so I'm waiting until August to drink it. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment