I have two new loves in my life: Pinterest and Lightroom.
Pinterest is such a time suck-- I find myself 45 minutes into my day at work looking through Pinterest and what friends have posted. Guess I'm not very productive when I get to work in the morning. Yikes! But, I've found some pretty awesome ideas for holiday decorating and DIY projects in general and I'm soooo happy that we were introduced!
Lightroom 3 and I were acquainted in June. I used my 30 day trial version without spending too much time together just because the summer is so crazy busy. I finally bought it in August. shhhhh-- Mike doesn't know. Seriously. We're on such a tight budget right now under Dave Ramsey's spell that each week I had to sneak some moola away from our budget, and haven't fessed up to Mike yet. But, the good news is that I bought Lightroom on a day when it was 50% off online! Score! He's got to give me credit for not spending the full $300, right? But, anyway, I didn't use it for about 6 weeks because life just gets in the way and I'm pretty darn busy. I finally got around to importing some photos and doing some editing when Mike was gone last weekend deer hunting. I ditched my weekend of scrapbooking to sit in front of the computer watching Lightroom tutorials. Man, do I ever need them!
Picasa was the extent of my photo editing the last few years. Number one, because I don't have all the time in the world, and number two, because I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg to buy Lightroom or even Photoshop. Though Photoshop is still a dream of mine. Lightroom has a pretty strong learning curve. The only part that gave me problems, and still does, is importing photos and getting all the settings correct so I can find my catalogs again. I'm pretty sure I don't have it figured out yet. The editing is the easy part-- especially with presets. LOVE THEM! And, there are so many more presets that are available for free online. I can't wait to find them all and download them.
Here's a quick preview of some pics that Heidi took of Mike and I this weekend. I pretty much hate having my picture taken and Mike is just as bad, so Carol and Heidi tag-teamed to try to give me a handful of usable photos. haha! Seriously-- we're the worst couple to take photos of. We're just awful! I had to have a few pics to give my Grandma S. for Christmas this year, so that's been checked off the list.
I've only got a few edited. After looking at them and seeing what I really look like, I've decided I need to spend lots and lots of time off my butt instead of on it. I'm headed out the door on my first jog in many, many, many months. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment