Last Saturday my brother and his girlfriend, along with Mike and I traveled to St. Croix Falls, WI to visit Chateau St. Croix Winery. I had purchased a Groupon for the place earlier this summer, and we had to get it used before Mike starts disappearing on hunting weekends. My sister and her husband were supposed to come also, but we were running late, so they weren't able to hang around until we got there. The really missed out, though.
I LOVE this place. The setting was awesome. The weather was so perfect (which probably helps my high regard of the place in general), and sitting outside in the gardens sipping wine could not have been any better. We got a five wine flight, a tour, crackers and cheese, and 2 bottles of wine with our Groupon. It was an amazing deal, if I do say so myself! I wish I could have purchased another one.So, we started with our wine tasting, going in to get new glasses and then coming back outside to bask in the sun and enjoy the scenery. There was a horse pasture (which did smell like the horses, unfortunately), rolling hills of the St. Croix River Valley and of course the vineyard itself. So gorgeous!
We took the tour through the processing room and into the wine cellar. I only wish some of that wine could be stored at my house. :) It's a pretty high-tech process, one that fascinates me. Maybe I should open a winery and go back to school??! Hmmmm......
We hung around for about an hour and a half, enjoying the weather and the scenery. We'll definitely come back, and I really recommend this winery for anyone interested in taking a quick tour and learning a little about the process of wine making.
No comments:
Post a Comment