Sunday, October 3, 2010

The best of: AWESOME autumn days!

I had one of the most productive days I've had in a LONG time today! First of all, I got to sleep in. I slept 'till 8:15. Now, I admit that I didn't set my alarm last night to get up for church this morning. But, this was well worth it, and I don't think I'm going to hell for missing a Sunday. :) He's pretty forgiving!
Anyway, I made a trip into town and ran some errands, stopped by my parents' house for some things and then headed home again. I had one reason for going to Cambridge: buying a turkey for supper. I've been wanting a turkey dinner for a week or two, so I made it happen today. I prepped it when I got home and got it into the oven. I even made a fresh pumpkin pie today. Yum-o! Dinner was fabulous, even though I ate it by myself. Mike has been fishing all afternoon, and missed the stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, turkey and corn from the garden. This is one of my favorite meals ever. It's the best!
I also cleaned the windows in the front of the house. I guess I'm never home in the morning when the sun shines in, so I got to see the gross, dirty windows today. I only managed to wash the front ones, and will have to have Mike help me with the back ones this week sometime. The windows in my house are a pain in the butt to clean, and I dread the job each time. But, they are clean and I'm happy.
The garage also got a good cleaning this afternoon. We can once again fit a car in it. It's amazing the things that accumulate in just a few weeks. We've been parking the Yukon at my parents', so Mike (yes, it's Mike's mess) has slacking at putting things where they belong. I'm very much a neat freak, and everything I take out gets put right back into place. That's one challenge with Mike's and my relationship-- he's NOT tidy. It causes some friction, but nothing changes with him, and I've relaxed a tiny bit over the years. Yes, a tiny bit only.
Oh, I also did a few loads of laundry and cleaned the kitchen while my dinner was cooking. That pretty much ends my list of accomplishments today. I'm very happy with my productive Sunday, just not excited at all to start another work week. It's going to be a bad one. Super busy with two events on Thursday that I'm coordinating. We're soooo behind in planning and sending things to print that it's not even funny. It makes me very anxious.
I know I'll get through it, I just may not be a happy person until Friday morning and it's all over with! I once again got distracted when writing. Imagine that.....

No comments:

Post a Comment