Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The best of: family is my hobby

I think family can be considered a hobby, don't you think? I consider mine my favorite hobby.

This past Memorial Day weekend Mike and I camped in Hayward with two sets of aunts/uncles, two cousins and my uncle's father. We had four campsites in all and spend the weekend laughing, eating, drinking, fishing, relaxing and shopping. Quite successful if you ask me.

But, I've learned that I need to learn to vacation. I spent ALL day today fighting to keep myself awake at work. I blame getting up too early and going to bed too late at night over the weekend. each morning I was awake by about 6:30. I was showered, dressed and had the dog walked all by about 7:30 and then sat around bored for the next hour until everyone else got up and moved about. I just can't sleep in.

The morning walks I took with the dog were so peaceful. We walked up and down a hilly, maple tree and trillium-filled forest road. Such a gorgeous walk, and such a good workout for me. The road took me up and down long hills and kicked my butt even though I could only walk and not jog them. Loved the mornings!

We took the boys go-carting, shopped in Hayward, dined on the lake in the sun, caught fish and enjoyed each others company.






No comments:

Post a Comment