Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Diets suck- plain and simple

I'm the crabbiest person right now! Long story short: I have nodules on my thyroid, I'm not growing cancer because they've been biopsied, but I was thinking they're the reason I can't lose weight over the last many years. So, now I'm on a super strict diet.
I went to a endocrinologist on Friday (for a second opinion) and she pretty much told me that my thyroid is working fine unless my blood work is wrong. I'm still convinced that it is, but that's another blog post entirely.
The doc on Friday recommended a book called The 17 Day Diet by Dr. Mike Moreno. She said she's on the diet and many of the nurses she works with are, too. So, I went to buy it and the cookbook on Friday. I've been on the diet since Sunday and all I want is real frickin' food! I'm not into veggies and meats. I'm barely a meat eater as it is, and now I have to shove protein and fresh green veggies down my throat all day long.
Yikes-- I sound a little bitter.
I guess the reason I'm on this diet is that I'm sick, sick, sick of not being able to lose weight. I don't eat like a slob and I exercise, yet I gain weight like crazy. I'm so sick of it, I'm working this diet to the "T". And, it's making me very crabby!
This diet is also very expensive. I was expecting that, but I've bought things like flaxseed oil for about $23/bottle, some agave nectar for about $8/bottle and all the fresh veggies and meat on top of that. I've never used rice vinegar in my life until I had to cook a stir fry tonight. (I've had better, by the way.) Ever heard of kefir? The best way to describe it is mostly plain yogurt with a squirt of milk. I guess it's supposed to be good for digestion and intestinal health. I make smoothies with that every morning. If I could have a smoothie for each meal, I'd be happy with this diet, but I can't. I have to get probiotics and oils and protein and fresh greens and Greek yogurts and all kinds of other things I wouldn't ordinarily buy.
Ba-humbug. I've got another 14 days of this diet segment left. And, I'm counting down.

No comments:

Post a Comment