Next month is my birthday-- and a milestone birthday at that. 30!
Up to this point I haven't had any anxiety about turning 30, and I've always thought that people must be slightly unstable in the head to get their panties in a bunch about a 30th birthday. I don't have a list of goals I need accomplished before I turn 30, and I don't think my life is over the minute June 29 rolls around. The only problem I have is that 30 sounds old! I don't feel like I should be 30. Shouldn't a 30-year-old have their forever home, a couple of kids, a dog and a cabin on a lake? Yeah, right...... I have one of those things. The cheapest-- a dog! I don't feel much pressure from friends to have kids and "grow up" because most of my close friends are barely married and have no kids. I think that's where my "laziness" comes in, if you could call it that. Isn't 30 the new 20? That's my excuse.
Another thing I feel like I have to figure out is an awesome way to celebrate my 30th birthday. I'm leaning towards Vegas, just because it's going to be pretty cheap and we can also golf and do the Grand Canyon stuff that I've always wanted to. I've been to Vegas once, but didn't get to golf and only made it as far as the Hoover Dam. This time we'd venture farther into the Grand Canyon because that's somewhere I've always wanted to go, always! This feeling has just landed upon me in this past week. Now, I'm obsessed with travel research and finding the best deal out there.
Maybe I can turn my blog into a travel research blog for a few weeks.... but on second thought, that'd take more time than I have to commit. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment