Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Two movies to add to your "must watch" list

I don't want to turn this into a movie review page, but Mike and I have watched two really good movies in the past week. One of them I'd recommend to anyone, and the other is geared towards married couples.

If you've never watched "The Visitor," add it to your list. I don't even remember what it's rated, but it's completely clean and there's nothing bad about it or in it. It's now part of my favorites list-- I just love Richard Jenkins! Widowed professor Walter Vale (Richard Jenkins, in an Oscar-nominated role) finds himself drawn to a different rhythm when he discovers an immigrant couple, Tarek (Haaz Sleiman) and Zainab (Danai Gurira), squatting in his Manhattan flat and becomes wrapped up in their lives. Hiam Abbass co-stars as Tarek's mother, who forges an unlikely connection with Walter when Tarek is thrown into a detention center.

This movie is definitely a good one for getting back to the basics and a good reminder of how to treat your spouse. Watch "Fireproof." But, you have to get past the bad acting on all parts! I watched it for about 35 minutes the first time and quit because I couldn't get past the horrible acting. hehe! I sat down a second time and watched it fully with Mike and liked it A LOT! It makes you stop and think and analyze yourself and your relationship. Here's a description of the movie: In this inspirational drama, former sitcom star Kirk Cameron ("Growing Pains") plays Capt. Caleb Holt, a dedicated firefighter whose marriage to his wife, Catherine, has taken a severe turn for the worse and is about to end in divorce. Just when hope seems to be running out, Holt's Christian father intervenes, challenging the couple to a 40-day experiment that he hopes will renew their love for each other -- and for God.

That's all I've got for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment