When this camper is towed away by someone else tomorrow my excitement for summer weekends away and family vacation go with it.
I'll childishly cry when we drive away without it because my weekends of getting away will cease to exist. Yes, it's temporary, but we're still not sure how temporary.
I have Dave Ramsey to thank (or cuss at).
I can't tell you how excited I am to be debt-free, but I also can't tell you how incredibly hard it is for me to sell this camper. Mike could take it or leave it, but I love it! I grew up camping. It's in my blood.
The camper, by far, carries our greatest debt. We'll sell it and instantly have paid down half of our debt. It just sucks. So, tomorrow marks the beginning of the end of our debt. No more. We're not sure how long it will take, but I'm praying for the fastest year or two of my life so we can get another camper--with cash.
When we visit the Dave Ramsey show in Nashville for our debt-free scream and he asks us about the hardest part to becoming debt free. My answer will be this. Selling one of my favorite things. I know there's another one just like it, and it's not that I'm attached to the camper itself--it's the fact that we won't be camping this summer and won't be joining my big family vacation in July and everything we WON'T be doing, which is the wrong mindset to have. Right now, I'm struggling with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment