I got a new camera!!! So, I'm back in the saddle again. I've been without a camera for over three weeks and it's pretty much killed me. Not that I take all that many pics, but there's been some sunsets, some mushrooms and some people to take pics of. I don't even have my little camera because that one took a swim with some bottled water while snowmobiling at Chase. I wrote about that, right?
Anyway....
I picked up my new lens this evening at National Camera and got a few accessories, but my camera body doesn't come in for another few days. *finger tapping* Hurry up and come!
The only thing that REALLY makes me mad is that I did all the research for the lens and found one with good reviews, and I think I'm going to love, BUT it's a 67mm and my old one was a 58mm. So, all of my filters and add-on lenses won't work. I've got about $200 in filters and add-ons that I won't be able to use. :( My zoom lens is a 58mm, but the only filter I can use on that one is the UV filter-- the others won't work with that much lens.
I was sooo excited to get this lens until I was about half way home and remembered that this one is larger. I didn't want to tell Mike because the new one cost so much and I'll have to spend even more to get the filters I used before. I'm already overspending. But, then I tell myself that I sold my other camera to buy a new one, and I used my bonus money, so I really didn't spend any money at all! That makes me feel better.
I'll post some pics when I get my camera next week. You're certainly not going to notice anything different from what I've done before, but I like to think that this camera will take better pics. ;) hehe!
New ones ALWAYS take better photos! That's the logic I use, anyway :)
ReplyDelete