Friday, September 11, 2009

I knew it!

I'm not going to say anything about my job search other than to mention this rejection letter I got in the mail today. If I started to complain about everything I've experienced with being unemployed, I'd write for hours. Seriously.
So, today I got a rejection letter from an organization I applied to about two weeks ago. First off, props to them because they actually acknowledged me and the receipt of my application by sending me a rejection letter. NO ONE does that anymore. But, here's my discovery: "Each application and/or resume was screened for education and experience, as well as geographic location." WHAT?! Geographic location! I knew it. I've been soooo frustrated because I know I don't get interviews because of where I live. And, who's to blame them, really? I live over an hour from the cities and when there's an identical applicant who lives in Roseville, why would they take the time to interview me? I've thought this for a long time, but never had proof-- until now. These people had the guts to say that they screen applicants by their home address, too. I'm doomed!

2 comments:

  1. Use a fake address next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seriously going to start using my sister's and then figure something out after that if it actually works. GRRRRRRR!

    ReplyDelete