Even though autumn is my FAVORITE time of year, I pretty much hate when it comes around. It's started already.... Mike comes home from work much later than his usual time. I ask what the hold up was, and he gives a vague answer. Then it clicks-- he was scouting for geese or ducks or whatever winged animal he plans on shooting in the coming days! Grrrrrrrr! And, then there's the times when he'll be mowing the lawn or doing whatever else outside in the evening and then just disappears. I'll look outside and he'll be there and 30 seconds later the truck will be gone and Mike's no where to be seen. That took some getting used to because he just takes off when he sees a flock of geese and won't come back until he spots where they land.
This weekend begins the 5 a.m. alarms on Saturday and Sunday mornings for goose hunting. I can't ever fall back to sleep after Mike rummages around for clothes and boots and guns and jackets, so I'm up just as early as he is. I very much dislike it!
I've gone goose hunting three times in the past and have never had to shoot anything, much to my liking! My sister and I took a firearms safety course last spring, so I can join Mike hunting if I ever feel like it. I guess it's like the old adage goes: if you can't beat them, join them. Since I rarely see him in the fall (ok, that's a mild exaggeration), I may as well keep up!
Annie, it's almost like I wrote this, minus the mike parts and the firearm safety parts....me and fall have had a love hate relationship for a long while now!
ReplyDeletekeep blogging...I NEED stuff to read!
I even became a "follower"! Now you Have to continue :)
ReplyDelete